Congratulations on completing your GCSEs!
In preparation for your Sixth Form studies we have prepared some resources for you to complete over the Summer.
For each subject you will have 2 tasks to complete:
- this will allow you to firstly keep those brains ticking over during the 6 week break as well as preparing you to come in September fully prepared for that subject having read around it.
- You will be able to add these extra qualifications to your UCAS/apprenticeship applications to show that you are well rounded, motivated individuals – the more you have the more irresistible you will be to these establishments and employers! Plus it’s a great way to develop your skills as well as skills and knowledge and understanding in that subject.
- There will be a number of different options for each subject. You must complete 1 of these and any extras you complete are an added bonus.
Some subjects have also given you some podcasts and extra reading to have a look at. The more you engage with these, the more prepared you will be for September and the more successful you will be!
Instructions for accessing online courses and qualifications
- Some courses are longer than others!
- Some of the websites such as Future Learn and Google Garage will require you to sign up. You should use your school email to do this.
- If the course asks for payment, you do not have to do this. You can click ‘free’ for future learn and this will give you free access for how long the course will take you.
- For Google Garage:
- Click the link to take you to the google garage course
- Select register
- Use your school Gmail address and set a password
- Go to your Gmail to confirm your email
- Sign in to access the courses
Summer Transition 2023