Welcome to Child Development
- Vocational Child Development
Who do I contact for more information?
Mrs N Wilkins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Child Development – Vocational Child Development
Why study Child Development?
This qualification focuses on the development of a child from conception to the age of 5. It develops knowledge and understanding in all aspects of child development. It is suitable for students who are considering a career working with children and for students who wish to learn about how to care for children.
- Reproduction and the responsibilities of parenthood
- Antenatal care and preparation for the birth
- Postnatal checks and conditions for development
- How to recognise, manage and prevent childhood illnesses
- Child safety
- Physical, intellectual and social development
- Child Study coursework task on a child between the ages of birth - 5 years old.
(25% of the total marks). Students MUST have access to a child within this age group
- Coursework task on equipment and nutrition
(25% of the total marks)
- Written paper of 1 hour and 15 minutes
(50 % of the total marks)
Completion of the Cambridge National qualification will allow access to further education such as a level 3 course in child care or similar. This can then lead to a variety of careers in a wide range of settings:
- Early Years teacher
- education consultant
- education mental health practitioner
- family support worker
- health play specialist
- learning mentor
- play therapist
- nursery assistant