Post 16 tuition fund 2021 - 2022
This academic year we are prioritising our tuition fund allocation through support for:
- students who have not achieved a grade 4 in English and/or Maths
- disadvantaged students who have not achieved grade 5 or above in at least one of English and Maths, including SEND students
Our targeted support includes:
- Increased number of taught hours in all our blocks for both Maths and English (8 hours per fortnight).
- The purchase of revision guides and support materials for identified students in each subject.
- All re-sit classes to have a small number of students.
- Year 13 students who did not achieve a grade 4 in English or Maths to continue studying alongside their other courses.
- After school revision sessions and 1 to 1 mentoring of students who are on courses without a 5 at GCSE.
- Pastoral Leader/tutors to undertake a 1:1 with all year 12 students retaking Maths and English to ensure their needs are being fully met this year.
Poole High Sixth Form provides the 16-19 Bursary Fund for all qualifying students, with the funds provided by the Department for Education.
There are two types of bursary available for 16-19 year olds, a Vulnerable Bursary and a Discretionary Bursary. Both bursaries are available to help students fund the costs of continuing in Education. Full details of qualifying criteria and how we administer the scheme is detailed in our Policy. Please complete an Application Form if you would like to apply, ensuring to include original documents as evidence which will be returned to you once your application has been processed. If you have any queries regarding the 16-19 Bursary Fund then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Poole High School provides the highest quality education for students of all abilities. It combines the strengths of an academic education with the training and skills needed for the professional career path and to this end we are delighted with the achievements of so many of our students.