APPEALS TIMETABLE 2022
Secondary School age places – Year 7 and Year 12 – September 2022
|Offer letters posted to parents/carers on National Offer Day by Local Authority||1 March 2022|
|Deadline for acceptance of offer by parent/carer||15 March 2022|
|Deadline for lodging an on-time admission appeal||1 April 2022|
|Appeal Hearing Dates||Between 5 May and 30 June 2022|
- In line with the Covid-19 legislation, all appeals lodged before 30 September 2022 are being heard based on written information only.
- Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard as soon as reasonably practicable.
- You will receive at least 14 calendar days’ notice of your appeal hearing date.
- Appeals are heard during the daytime on weekdays and are not heard during school holidays.
- Where there are multiple appeals for places at the same school, the hearings may go over a number of days.
- The school’s case will be made available to parents and Panel members at least 7 calendar days before the start of the appeal hearing.
- The Panel will set a deadline for any additional evidence to be received.
- Following the hearing, decision letters will be sent, where possible, within 7 calendar days of the end of the hearing. During busy periods, such as main entry, full decision letters may take longer than this, so the Clerk will send a brief decision summary email in the interim.
- Appeal hearings for in-year places will be heard as soon as reasonably practicable, based on written information only.
Applications must be made online through through the local authority here: https://www.bcpcouncil.gov.uk/Schools-and-learning/School-appeals/School-admission-appeals.aspx