The parent app – easy access to important School information
We have a convenient new way to share information with you regarding your child’s School life.
You can access the system from a smartphone, tablet or PC – anytime, anywhere.
What will you find in the SIMS Parent app?
Important information such as attendance and achievements
- School term, inset dates and contact details available at the click of a button
- Access your child’s trackpoints
- Receive notifications to remind you about important information such as key dates for your diary
- Access to update your contact details, so we always have the most up-to-date information in case of emergency
If you have more than one child at School, you’ll have access to information for all your children from the same app.
The information that you receive through the app will help you to stay up-to-date with your child’s School life as well as support your child’s development and progress.
The buttons below will take you to downloadable guides that will guide you through the process from setting up to a tour of the key areas.
The final button will take you to the Parent App webpage, although remember, you can only access this after you have registered an account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The Parent App can be accessed via the App on a smart phone or website here: https://www.sims-parent.co.uk
The web version looks very similar to what the App itself looks like. If you feel it is more comfortable for you to use the Parent App on your tablet or on your laptop then this version is better for you.
No. SIMS Learning Gateway and SIMS Parent App are two different systems. The SIMS Parent App is a new version of the information offered in the SIMS Learning Gateway. The APP is more easily accessible through your mobile phone. We retired SLG some time ago.
The Learning Gateway logins don’t work with the Parent App, you have to register before you can use the Parent App. That is the reason why you received the invitation email.
First you have to register using the link in the invitation email. This will associate one of your existing accounts (Microsoft / Twitter/ Facebook / Google) with the app.
Then you can choose to use the web version or install the app which is the how the service was designed to be used.
No. Each SIMS Parent App login is individual and each parent will need a separate login via a separate email account.
Please send your name and email address to email@example.com. We will resend your invitation email enabling you to re-register.
Parents/carers should register with the remaining options for example with a Facebook, Google, Microsoft or Twitter account.
Unfortunately the SIMS ID option is not available for parents/carers because it is mainly for members of Staff.
It is also very important to note that the SIMS ID and SIMS Learning Gateway accounts are completely separate.
In order for us to be able to send out the Parent App invitation email we need your email address. Please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If another parent already has the app then they can update your details on the data collection sheet.
The invitation will come from email@example.com (not from the school) so make sure you check your spam and junk folders for emails from this address.
Invitations expire after a period of time so register your account as soon as possible after receiving it. An old invitation may well have expired.
If you need a new invitation then please email SIMS@poolehigh.poole.sch.uk with your full name and the child’s name, DoB and Year group so we can identify you.
We will then send a new invitation to the email address we have registered already. You can update your email address if you need to by using the app (once registered or by contacting the year office).
We don’t manage the login details for the new Parent App now. You should be able to sign in using your own logins that you used at registration. These logins could be your Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft. For example, if you registered with your Facebook account then you login to the Parent App with your Facebook username and password. If the App doesn’t let you log in please try the following:
- Do you remember which of your accounts (Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft) you originally registered with? You can only login using those account usernames and passwords. If you changed the password for this account, then its the new one you use.
- Log in on the Parent App website at https://www.sims-parent.co.uk/ with your registered account (Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft/O365).
- Does it let you log in? If not please check that you can log in to your Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft account as the Parent App uses those credentials. If you don’t remember these login details you’ll have to reset your Facebook / Gmail / Twitter / Microsoft account passwords.
- If you can login on the Parent App website then you can move on to try the Parent App on your smart phone. Please make sure that the Parent App is installed on your mobile.
- Please make sure when using the Parent App that any browser apps are closed and not running. Start the Parent App and try signing in again. Does it work this time?