We are very excited to have been nominated as a Music Mark School for 2020-21. The Music Mark award is given in recognition of a commitment to providing high quality music education for all children.
The Music Mark Organisation is a national network of leaders in music education and partner organisations.
Music Mark’s members recognise that music has a value in and of itself. The pursuit of learning to sing/play an instrument, learning to compose, learning to listen critically and the myriad of other musical skills are valuable in their own right. This is then demonstrated by:
- music enabling increased behaviours for learning
- music boosting children and young people’s social development
- music fostering team work
- music building life skills
- music encouraging creativity and critical engagement
- music being fun and for everyone
Well done to all in the Music Department.
For more information see https://www.musicmark.org.uk/